Death Education for Health & Wellbeing with Dr Judith Wester
Thursday, 23 June 2016, 10:00-4:00pm
The Qube, Oswald Road, Oswestry SY11 1RB
TO BOOK CALL: 01691 656882
Course Fee includes Certificate, Workbook, Good Grief Pin. Lunch & refreshments are also included.
Taught by the creator of Life Lessons/Death Education for Young People, this course will teach you how to communicate with young people, the elderly and those with mild learning disabilities. It is ideal for parents, adult carers, educators, pastoral care and those who work in the public sector as well as solicitors.
Topics Covered Include:
- Why talking about death is important
- The language of death and loss (using it wisely)
- Myths about death and how they influence our responses to death
- Notions of time and why they matter
- Social and Cultural aspects of death & loss
- Different experiences of grief
- Understanding weeping and crying
- Some helpful tips and guidance for the bereaved