Death Education for Adults & Professionals
How to talk about death and loss in healthy ways
This popular full-day workshop is perfect for anyone wanting to increase his/her confidence and improve communications around death, dying and loss with clients, patients, students, the general public, family, friends or colleagues. Do not miss this opportunity to take a class with Dr Wester, an expert in death studies, who livens the topic with practical and fascinating material.
The Level One workshop, with 5 hours Continuing Professional Development certificate, will help you:
- Understand why talking about death matters
- Increase confidence in talking about death & loss to others
- Gain a greater understanding of the social consequences of loss
- Learn how to use notions of time to speak with people of all ages
- Explore the importance of language
- Improve responses to those who are grieving
This course has been highly praised by private and public sector employers, parents, and those in education and healthcare:
- Judith’s knowledge, enthusiasm and infectious approach were absolutely brilliant. It made the learning feel special and very personal. The class is unique and I feel that although it clearly had a structure, it was also brilliantly tailored to the group and individuals within it—my brain has been trying to assimilate all the information since—in a very positive way.
Chris Child, Chief Executive, Energize
Course fee of £297.00 includes 5 hrs CPD with certificate, workbook, lunch & refreshments, Good Grief pin and interactive exercises.
This comprehensive workshop is designed to help you understand the social and cultural context of death, dying and loss in order to improve your communication in a variety of situations. This level 1 workshop will prepare you for the level 2 workshop on Understanding Grief. It is recommended that you take the Level I workshop first in order to understand the concepts that will be extended in the second workshop.