The part one workshop for adults and professionals introduces the participant into the world of death education and the vast number of ways in which humans attempt to make sense of the varied approaches to the topic of death. This popular full-day workshop is perfect for anyone wanting to increase his/her confidence and improve communications around death, dying and loss with clients, patients, students, the general public, family, friends or colleagues. Do not miss this opportunity to take a class with Dr Wester, an expert in death studies, who enlivens the topic with practical and fascinating material.
The Part One workshop, with 5 hours Continuing Professional Development certificate, will help you:
- Understand why talking about death matters
- Think differently about death, dying & loss
- Increase confidence in talking about death with others
- Gain a greater understanding of the social consequences of loss
- Learn how to use notions of time to speak with people of all ages
- Explore the Importance of Language
- Improve responses to those who are grieving
The workshop includes lunch/refreshments, 5hrs CPD certificate, workbook materials, interactive exercises and a Good Grief Leaf. This course can be booked as customised training for an organisational team/staff/volunteers or an individual can attend one of our scheduled workshops, which we run about four times per year. See our Upcoming Events to find a workshop, upcoming community talks or event, such as our biannual Day of Death Education event.